It is evident from its celebration that the effect of the Sacrament of Confirmation is the special outpouring of the Holy Spirit. Just as this was once granted to the apostles on the day of Pentecost.
So from this fact, we know confirmation brings an increase and deepening of baptismal grace:
- rooting us more deeply in the divine filiation which makes us cry, “Abba! Father!” (Romans 8:15);
- uniting us more firmly to Christ;
- increasing the gifts of the Holy Spirit in us;
- rendering our bond with the Church more perfect;
- giving us a special strength of the Holy Spirit to spread and defend the faith by word and action, as true witnesses of Christ, to confess the name of Christ boldly, and never to be ashamed of the Cross:
Therefore we need to recall that you have received the spiritual seal; the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of right judgment and courage, the spirit of knowledge and reverence, the spirit of holy awe in God’s presence. So, guard what you have received. God the Father has marked you with this sign; Christ the Lord has confirmed you, and the Holy Spirit, rests in your hearts.
Confirmation at Radville Pastoral Zone
Holy Family Parish no longer offers Confirmation preparation for intermediate-aged students. However, students may now take part in the Restored Order Preparation Program. Therefore the children will be Confirmed and receive their First Eucharist at the same celebration.
Please call Lorrie Fiechter for registration information.